WE CARE, WE LISTEN
After many years working in the city, Lynda Babister established Babister Legal in 2009. Lynda wanted to provide her clients with an exceptional and personalised service built around communication, collaboration and, most of all, her client’s needs. The law can be complicated and confusing. Lynda wanted to cut through the regular challenges facing her clients when seeking out legal advice and focused on building her practice around guiding clients through the complicated legal world in the most clear, pragmatic and inclusive way.
Lynda is a highly experienced legal practitioner and leader of the Babister Legal team. Lynda enjoys all aspects of law and has a particular interest in the unique connections between family law, estate planning and business succession, particularly family separation involving businesses. Forever committed to ongoing professional education, Lynda is currently undertaking a Masters of Law with a double major in Wills & Estates and Family Law to better assist her clients knit these fundamental areas of life and law together.
A strong believer in collaborative practice in all her areas, Lynda is one of the few lawyers who has significant qualifications in collaborative practice in both family law and wills and estates.
Lynda is an active member of the Northern Illawarra community with interests in Darkes Forest Rural Fire Service, Darkes Forest Progress Association, Helensburgh Toastmasters and Northern Illawarra Chamber of Commerce.
Professional qualifications & memberships
- Masters of Laws (Applied Law), with a double major in Wills & Estates and Family Law, current
- Admission to the HIgh Court of Australia
- Admission to the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Member, Law Society of New South Wales
- Member, AICP Interactional Collaborative Professionals
- Vice President and Member, Southern Sydney Collaborative Professionals Inc
- Member, Australian Association of Collaborative Professionals (AACP)
- Member, Collaborative Professionals (NSW) Inc
Bronte is our Senior Administrative Assistant and is a key contact for clients throughout their work with Lynda.
A dynamic and friendly individual, her role supports the work of the firm and includes assisting clients and managing the practice’s growing client base.